VR Player is an experimental Virtual Reality Media Player for Head-Mounted Display devices like the Oculus Rift.
Looking for content?
You can download/stream images and videos from
Please support this project by making a donation:
or by downloading the Android version:
- Read 2D/3D images and videos
- Read local files, streams (including youtube), disc, and more!
- Supported format: mono, over-under, side.
- 3D audio base on orientation and position.
- Preset files to auto-configure application settings
- Plane (For regular movies projected on a virtual screen)
- Cube (Often used in video games)
- Cylinder (Mainly for panoramic pictures)
- Dome (For action cameras like the go pro)
- Full dome (For imax style experiences)
- Sphere (For 360 videos)
- Custom geometry imported from Maya or 3D Studio (For experimenting with other typologies)
Available trackers for orientation and position
- Oculus Rift
- Wiimote with Motion Plus
- PS Move controller
- Razer Hydra
- Microsoft Kinect
- VRPN client
- Track IR
- LEAP motion
- YEI 3-space.
- Barrel distortion (Use this one with the Oculus Rift)
- Pincushion distortion
- Depth map (over/under or side by side formats)
- Fisheye unwrapping
- Sample filters from the shazzam project
This extension finds videos on a web page and provide a link to open them in VR Player: