3D View in VR Player

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Stephane, how do we expect 3D will work in VR Player? Will it just use the 3D channels like YouTube? Is it already working? You've come so far with this already I have no doubts you've given this some thought and effort, I'm just curious as to where this stands.

Once again excellent work, and thank you for all that's been done.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Hi RogueVogon,

VR Player support 3D images/videos in side by side over/under formats.
There are a few examples at vrplayer.tv that you can download or stream with the vlc plugin.
Most of the 3D videos that I tried on youtube are in sbs format and they are working surprisingly well, especially when shot with a wide angle camera.

-Stephane
Marked as answer by RogueVogon on 10/30/2013 at 7:16 AM
Oct 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
That's great! I'll check it out later today.

How about resetting the camera to the default position? Has that been implemented?

Edit: Nevermind, actually looked into the documentation and found it- F2 seems to reset the camera position.

Okay, so I think I might have actually found a suggestion that I can make that hasn't already been done (although statistically I find this unlikely). We can move the camera fairly well now, but it would also be nice to rotate it.

Example of use: Say you want to use VR Player laying down, or want to watch something behind you without turning your head.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Try the F1 key :)

This will reset calibration in the orientation you are facing. If you are laying down, or facing backward, it will work.
Reset position and reset calibration keys are not intuitive. I will probably add a visual menu option.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Stephane