Command line options

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Hi Stephane,

i'm creating some 3d videos and it works great with your player. But it would be really nice if you could you add some command line options like:

-play path/file
-loop (a loop button would be also cool)
-directshow/vlc
-settings file (for predefined settings)
-adapter X (like in unity you can choose the monitor where the player gets displayed)

So it would be possible to start the video without fiddling too much in the settings..

Thanks for your work!
-Dreymo
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Hi Dreymo,

Thank you for your feedback.

Currently vrplayer can be launched with 2 parameters: the file name and a preset file.
(e.g: vrplayer.exe "c:\movie.mp4" "c:\preset.json")
Note: if you don't specify a preset file, the player will look for the file name + ".json"
(e.g: c:\movie.mp4.json) unless the option has been desactivated in the general options panel

I will add this information to the user documentation.

Also, there is a loop button at the bottom right of the screen (next to the time bar) but it look like a refresh button :S

I was thinking about including application configuration (loop, default monitor and other options like shortcuts) in preset file but I changed my mind because I did not want users to upload app configs to vrplayer.tv and mess-up settings specific to users. Using command line seems to be a good idea so I added it to the backlog and see what we can do.

Best regards,

-Stephane