File Broweser menu controls

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:13 PM
I'd like to see better in Oculus file browser and player controls while viewing.
It's a pain to take off the rift to load another file.
Is there a way to load multiple files or a playlist?

Thanks much,

This product is awesome!
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Totally agree,

One of the biggest feature request! A UI/UX adapted to the rift is definitely on the road map!

-Stephane
Feb 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
+1 to this :)

a playlist would be great to be able to cycle through images and compare for quality comparing and overall R&D testing
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
The playlist feature is in the backlog. In the meanwhile, I think you can open a m3u playlist with vlc and use next/previous shortcuts (see in config) to navigate.
Not 100% sure its still working in 0.5.x but it was working in 0.4.x

-Stephane
Feb 5, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Stephane,

Yeah you told me about using m3u playlists before :)
I have tried it in previous versions but I found the navigating to be 'sticky', where sometimes it wouldn't progress to the next image unless you held down the button and did a prayer. So I've always just opened images one at a time and had the viewer take off the headset while switching. This also helps with keeping them from getting motion sick :)
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Sorry about that, I answered quickly on my mobile phone and forgot that I already told you.
Anyhow, it's good to know! It was an alternative until the playlist feature implementation but if it's not working well, I won't recommend this method anymore.

-Stephane