how to view dual full circular fisheye video

May 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to make some stereo video with two full circular fisheye lens. I can get 2 circular images paired in side by side format, but having problem in playing with VRplayer. The top & bottom are becoming tipping out. What mode should I use? thanks.

Here is the screenshot of the top in trouble.

Here is my settings:
format=side by side
projection=dome
layout=side by side
distortion=barrel
Dual fisheye video goes here
May 8, 2014 at 6:31 AM
After a few trials, I got it finally. I have to defish the video first in order to have a corrected perspective. Is it possible to add a new mode for the dual fisheye? defishing fisheye video is a complicated ffmpeg+imagemagick work, but I believe it can be done on-the-fly quickly within VRPlayer. thanks

Here is a defished image for testing.

Cheers,
KC
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Hi KC,

It's possible to apply defisheye algorithms using the gpu (with pixel shaders)
but for circular fisheye, the full dome projection should do the trick.
If you still have problems, let me know.

-Stephane
Jul 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Hi Stephane,

Full dome projection make the zenith & nadir very odd, definitely not a good representation in VR. Currently remapping the circular fisheye to equirectangular is time consuming (not possible to deal with video stitcher, so have to do with ptgui, but ptgui cannot output jpg without blending, so have to output as psd layers & to be flatten in PS action. Looking forward to your next version. I believe it would be very helpful in promoting the use of vrplayer on desktop & smartphone if you accept such easy-to-make content.

KC